Sunday, May 1, 2011

Halloween in May: Poem and Event


Ever hear of Christmas in July--as if it doesn't already last two months as it is. Well, I've been waiting six months to do this, ever since I wrote the following poem. Yes, it's Halloween in May. Look forward to horror movie and book reviews, photos from my horror collection, more horror short stories on Smashwords.com, horror lists and maybe some more horror poetry--not sure what else I might do, but it all starts with the poem.

Halloween in May

The pumpkins on the railing
Are wilting
One looks like an old man without
Any teeth

But the life size skeleton
Is still on my office door
And when I go home tonight
The eyeball lights around the doorframe
Will give me enough light to get my key in the lock

The scary stuff is on sale at the stores
While the happy stuff has taken over
But I’m thinking
of making
A pilgrim hat
for my skeleton
And then a Santa hat and maybe even a new year’s eve hat too

And I will keep it all up for a ridiculously long time
Like people keep up
their Christmas lights all year long
Until it all catches on and we make it official
Halloween in May

No comments: