Monday, April 18, 2011

Early Writing: Barnstormer/HTD story


There is going to be an interesting history for this story some day. I plan on rewriting it to make it an HTD story, (see previous blog on "Six Bullets to Kill"), so this will be the old version. I think it will work better as an HTD story.

This is from Northwestern State University's literary magazine, Argus, from 1994, my last year as a graduate student at NSU. The copy I took this from has poor binding and is falling apart. This story and "The Last Tree" were both printed in this issue. (See earlier blog on "Six Bullets to Kill" for more info on "The Last Tree"). And it's printed in the issue alongside a story from a very good friend of mine, John Doughty Jr.'s called "The Bear," and more importantly my girlfriend at the time, feels weird to say that, Rene Van Slate's (now Cogswell)...I have a lost control of this sentence. Anyway, this issue also includes Rene's "Wasps and Mustache Wax."

These are jpeg files you should be able to click on and enlarge. Enjoy. And thanks for reading.

No comments: